John A. Warnick, Esq. – Law Office of John A. Warnick
For almost eleven years John A. Warnick was a partner with a large law firm headquartered in the Western U.S., where he chaired that firm’s Private Client Service Group. In early 2010 Mr. Warnick left that firm to launch the Law Office of John A. Warnick. Mr. Warnick’s law practice focuses on what he calls Purposeful Trusts and Purposeful Planning. Mr. Warnick’s Seven Keys of Purposeful Trusts and Six Paradigms of Purposeful Planning are revolutionizing the way estate plans are designed and implemented. These concepts ensure that the impact of the family’s affluence will be a positive force in the lives of the rising generations.
Mr. Warnick, whose family, friends and clients know him as “John A”, emphasizes multi-generational trust and tax planning in his law practice. Mr. Warnick balances his enthusiasm for tax savings with insightful questions which insure the planning is congruent with the client’s vision and values.
Additional Information & Credentials:
- Fellow of the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel, officer and director of Advisors in Philanthropy, and a founding member of the Collaboration for Family Flourishing.
- Assisted numerous families in choosing the most favorable trust situs for the tax and nontax objectives of existing trusts as well as in designing and drafting new trusts which have the flexibility to adapt to changing legal and tax climates
- Initiator of the Seedlings blog which offers suggestions for how parents and grandparents can increase their generative influence and make their testamentary and lifetime gifts more purposeful and positive.
- Worked with a team of nationally recognized family wealth coaches and psychologists to explore the intersection of wealth and emerging adulthood
- Pioneered new trust distribution and governance models which will assist trust makers and trustees in their quest to assure that wealth contributes to positive growth in the lives of heirs and beneficiaries
- Author of two Bureau of National Affairs Tax Management portfolios and co-authored "Selecting a Trust Situs in the 21st Century" which was published in the March/April 2002 issue of Probate and Property
- Working currently on two books entitled The Seven Keys of Purposeful Trusts – How to Make Your Family Wealth a Powerfully Positive Legacy and The New Vocabulary of Family Wealth
- B.A. degree, Magna Cum Laude, Brigham Young University
- J.D. degree, with honors, George Washington University
David Cohn & Associates, Inc.